Tuesday, September 27, 2016

It's all in the details

What makes a one of a kind poseable collectible doll desireable.........the artist has to pay attention to every little detail to make it special. Since all my designs - heads, faces, hands, feet, hair, shoes, costumes and accessories are never duplicated I create the look I want in in my head first and then build my character to realize my vision. 

The end result is that my dolls and accessories have to please me first or they wind up moving in to the assisted living doll house for unwanted flops, never to be seen by my selective collectors. If it doesn't pass my expectations and tell a simple but exciting backstory it joins the LoreleiBlu scrap pile.

Here are a few examples of what I mean by "the devil is in the details";



               Here's a hat made for a special, not every day common Witch


          
       And shoes that make a statement of class and style, not just foot covers



   I create full costumes to set a mood and style that compliments the character



                                           Head to toe, front to back

My buying trip for finding unique exquisite vintage and classic materials along with other treasures to create many more wonderful characters is coming to an end this week, it's been a great one! I'll be back at my studio controls next week to once again jump head first into creating OOAK Art Dolls with details that delight. Stay tuned for many more creations in the weeks ahead that will inspire and further develop your desire for the unusual.

Happy Haunting from LoreleiBlu and my band of Witches! LoreleiBlu Miniatures Etsy Shop Browse-Buy-Enjoy

CONTACT: Information - Questions - Commissions, Email: loreleibluminiatures@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment