Thursday, October 20, 2016

Pheasant Under Glass...........nope, A SKULL!

Although creating dolls is my favorite artistic passion I wanted to mix up my studio production time  so I started creating skulls in  glass domes (sounds like a new TV Sci-Fi series). 

Sculpting each doll from a solid block of polymer clay (no molds used, ever, to create my dolls) and making them poseable are major talents I use in my creative process. That, along with full original costuming breathes life into my OOAK characters. However.....halloween time is perfect to add new products for my collectors.

With my Skull in a Glass Dome series, I distress each skull one at a time and design a personality for these wonderful resin skulls (from Cathy's Minis). My vision starts from the neck up which forces my creative process to totally focus on styling hair, neck and facial dressings to achieve the look I'm going for. And boy do I have fun at my studio "beauty shop" designing them!

Here are a few examples of OOAK fantasy skulls I've created:



Lucy the Vampire from Bram Stoker's Novel - Dracula


Marie Antoinette


Life of the party - Marie and her beautiful hair style


Mermaid Skull


Mermaid Skull (close up) - A Real Conversation Piece


Dia Los Mueros Skull

Imagine how fun it will be to decorate a room in your doll house or room box with an original Skull in a Glass Dome this Halloween. There's time to do it if you move quickly. Visit LoreleiBlu Miniatures on Etsy

Make your Halloween doll house collection very special now and for years to come with a little of your own skullduggery.........in a glass dome, priceless!

CONTACT: Information - Questions - Commissions, Email: Direct Contact with LoreleiBlu  

No comments:

Post a Comment